Self-Serve Dog WashBy appointment OR First-Come-First-Serve!
GOOD NEWS, Green Spotters! You asked, and we listened!
Some of you have loved being able to schedule an appointment for Spot Washes, while others have said they prefer the ease of an on-the-fly pop-in when needed.
We've decided to dedicate one of our Spot Wash rooms for each! Effective today, BOTH options are now available!
You can book an appointment to ensure that a room will be available and reserved for you. Otherwise, our second Spot Wash room will be available on a first-come basis during our regular business hours.
Spot Washes are open for Appointments OR First-Come-First-Serve Walk-ins during regular business hours Mon-Sat 10-8 and Sundays 11-5.
The last wash appointment begins 1 hour before closing.
- For Walk-Ins, if the room is currently in use, find a team member who will take down a mobile number to text you when the room is ready for you. We'll wait 10 minutes for you to get back to the store if you're not already in-store waiting before we give the room to the next person in line.
- Alternatively, you can make an appointment in advance through our website if you'd like to ensure a room will be available and reserved for you at that time.
- Appointment times are 45 minutes long and start at the top of every hour. If you need more than 45 minutes, please book the next appointment as well (each appointment will be at the cost of $20.)
- If you have more than one dog to wash, please book multiple back-to-back appointments - there is no multi-dog discount at this time.
- PLEASE be respectful of appointment times.
- Sorry, but late arrivals do not get additional time. Appointments end 45 minutes past the hour.
- You must contact us more than 2 hours before your appointment to get a refund. Should you need to cancel, please respond to your order confirmation email and our team will assist you in rescheduling or processing a refund. Refunds can take up to 10 days to process.
- We may ask disruptive or aggressive dogs to leave and schedule a private wash during off-peak hours.
- NO FLEAS or TICKS! If you notice fleas or ticks during your spot wash, please alert our staff IMMEDIATELY!
- No trimming of fur or nails is allowed in the Spot Wash tubs or rooms.
- No skunked animals either - please see below for an effective at-home skunk remedy.
- Please keep your dog on a leash, in a carrier, or your arms at all times. You are responsible for supervising your pet.
- And finally, messes happen! If your dog has an accident, please alert our staff so we can help clean it up.
Pricing & Details:
Spot Washes are available for $20 per dog, regardless of size, coat type, and coat length/condition.
There is a 45-minute time limit on the use of the tub.
At-Home Skunk Remedy:
NOTE: This at-home skunk rinse remedy must be mixed FRESH right before you apply it to your pets; otherwise, it will not be effective.
In a plastic bucket, mix well the following ingredients:
- 1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of liquid soap
If you have any cuts on your hands, you may want to wear latex gloves as hydrogen peroxide can sting.
Do not wet down your pet before using this mixture. Apply the mixture to your pet's dry coat, start at their collar, and work back towards their tail. Make sure to work the solution deep into their fur. Do not pour the solution near their eyes, as hydrogen peroxide can burn them. If your pet was sprayed in the face, use a sponge or washcloth to apply the solution to their head, being very careful to avoid their eyes.
Leave the solution on for about 5 minutes or until the odor is gone. Thoroughly rinse your pet with tepid tap water. When rinsing their head area, keep your pet's chin tilted upward so the solution does not run down into their eyes.
You may need to repeat the lather and rinse process up to three times.
Pour any remaining solution down the drain with running water. NEVER store pre-mixed solution in a closed bottle, sprayer, etc. Pressure will build up and can cause the container to burst.