Self Serve Dog Wash
By appointment ONLY!
Appointments are available during normal business hours Mon-Sat 10-8 and Sundays 11-5. The last wash appointment begins 1 hour before closing.
Hello Green Spot Fans!
We are excited to announce that our Spot Washes are re-open and are better than ever!!!!!!
In this ever-changing world, things are definitely different! While some of these changes may seem extreme - these are the steps we have created to help keep you, and our team, safe - not to mention help keep your dog stress-free during the bathing process! We know there is a lot, and honestly, we aren’t excited about all of them either, but with the additional challenges we are facing right now, this is what we feel is needed to reopen our tubs for you.
Thank you for your understanding, and your kindness with our team, with these extra precautions we are taking during COVID-19.
We can’t wait to see you and your dog again! :)
Jess and Whit, Owners
- All spot washes need to be made by appointment only through our website - www.greenspotomaha.com
- Appointment times are 45 minutes long and start at the top of every hour. If you will need more than 45 minutes, please book the next appointment as well (each appointment will be at a cost of $15.00.)
- If you have two dogs to wash, please book two back-to-back appointments - there is no multi-dog discount being offered at this time.
- To help keep this as contactless as possible, appointments will need to be prepaid for at the time of booking.
- Should you go over your appointment time of 45 minutes, there will be an excess time charge of $10 per 15 minutes. (You will be infringing on another appointment time as we have set these time limits to allow our team to properly clean and sanitize the tubs before the next scheduled appointment. PLEASE respect appointment times.)
- Masks or face shields are required, no exceptions
- One person per appointment (However, if you will need help getting your dog into a tub, you may bring another adult to assist you as we cannot help with this step due to social distancing. No children under 16 allowed at this time)
- Sorry, but late arrivals do not get additional time. Appointments end 45 minutes past the hour.
- Please remember that all customers must maintain 6’ social distancing in our stores.
- Appointments must be canceled more than 2 hours before your appointment to get a refund. Should you need to cancel, please do so using the link provided in your confirmation email. Refunds can take up to 10 days to process.
- Disruptive and/or aggressive dogs may be asked to leave and schedule a private wash during off-peak hours.
- NO FLEAS or TICKS! If you notice fleas or ticks during your spot wash, please alert our staff IMMEDIATELY!
- No trimming of fur or nails is allowed in the Spot Wash tubs or rooms.
- No skunked animals either, please see below for an effective at-home skunk remedy.
- Please keep your dog on a leash, in a carrier, or in your arms at all times. You are responsible to supervise your own pet.
- And finally.. messes happen! If your dog has an accident, please alert our staff so we can help clean it up.
Pricing & Details:
Spot Washes are available to use by appointment only for $15, regardless of size, coat type, and coat length/condition. There is a 45-minute time limit on the use of the tub.
Please see all new rules that we must follow during COVID-19 above.
Thank you for your understanding of these new changes.
At-Home Skunk Remedy:
NOTE: This at-home skunk rinse remedy must be made FRESH, right before you apply it to your pets, otherwise it will not be effective.
In a plastic bucket, mix well the following ingredients:
- 1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of liquid soap
For large breed dogs, you may need to double, triple, or even quadruple the mixture.
If you have any cuts on your hands, you may want to wear latex gloves as hydrogen peroxide can sting.
Do not wet down your pet prior to using this mixture. Apply the mixture to your pet's dry coat starting at their collar and working back towards their tail. Make sure to work the solution deep into their fur. Do not pour the solution near their eyes, as hydrogen peroxide can burn them. If your pet was sprayed in the face, use a sponge or washcloth to apply the solution to their head, being very careful to avoid their eyes.
Leave the solution on for about 5 minutes or until the odor is gone. Thoroughly rinse your pet with tepid tap water. When rinsing their head area, keep your pet's chin tilted upward so the solution does not run down into their eyes.
You may need to repeat the lather and rinse process up to three times.
Pour any remaining solution down the drain with running water. NEVER store pre-mixed solution in a closed bottle, sprayer, etc. Pressure will build up and can cause the container to burst